A bathtub-to-shower conversion is a relatively easy and affordable way to convert a bathtub into a shower. All you need is some creativity and a little know-how. You may visit https://www.kleinhomesolutions.com/bathroom-remodeling/ for bathtub to shower conversion services in Erie, PA region.
Image Source: Google
Here are six tips for converting your bathtub into a shower:
1. Remove the existing tub or showerhead by unscrewing the bolts that hold it in place- You may also need to remove the drain and water lines if they're connected to the tub.
2. Get creative with your new installation- A bathtub can easily be converted into a small shower by adding a wall panel or liner, or by installing a portable shower unit. If space is an issue, consider installing a fold-down enclosure instead of a full-fledged shower.
3. Consider using a rain barrel or water tank to provide water pressure for your new shower- This method is more expensive than using municipal water, but it's an excellent way to reduce water usage in your home.
4. Install tile, porcelain, or vinyl flooring in lieu of a rug or hardwood flooring in your new bathroom area- This will make cleaning much easier and your new bathroom will look nicer than before the conversion.
5. Use low-flow showerheads and faucets to reduce water usage in your new bathroom- This will not only save you money, but it will also help conserve water resources.
6. Seal all cracks- Remember to seal all cracks and crevices around your new shower enclosure with caulk or silicone sealant to keep moisture and dirt from entering and damaging your hardware.
If you're looking to convert your bathtub into a shower, these tips will help get you started.