Workplace injuries are the number one cause of disability in the United States. Each year, approximately 2.5 million people are injured at work, and 800,000 people suffer serious workplace injuries.
Personal protective equipment (PPE) can play an important role in reducing the risk of workplace injuries. PPE clothes can protect you from harmful chemicals, debris, and other objects that could injure you.
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing PPE:
1. Make sure the PPE is safe for you to wear. Make sure the PPE fits well and is not restrictive or uncomfortable.
2. Choose the right type of PPE for the task at hand. For example, gloves should be selected for tasks that involve hazardous chemicals or handling sharp objects.
3. Always use correct safety procedures when using PPE. For example, always replace worn or damaged pieces of PPE, follow standard cleaning and maintenance procedures, and avoid using PPE when it is not necessary.
4. Remember that emergency responders also need to be protected while responding to emergencies. Always carry emergency response information with you when wearing PPE in case of an emergency situation.
If you are ever in doubt about whether or not to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) at work, here are five reasons why you should always wear PPE:
1. You Never Know When You Might Encounter a Hazardous Situation.
2. You Will Protect Your Health and Safety.
3. You Will Keep Yourself Protected from Possible Lawsuits.
4. PPE Can Help Reduce the Risk of Injuries to Others.
5. PPE Can Help Ensure That You Are Seen as a Leader in Your Field.