It's no secret that the environment is rapidly changing, and with it comes a whole new set of challenges. If you're thinking about using less plastic, one easy way to make a difference is by switching from plastic straws to paper ones. For that, you can also purchase straws for your business and replace straws with something that works.
A Paper straw is a type of drinking straw made from paper. Paper straws are often seen as a more environmentally friendly option than plastic straws. Paper straws are made from natural materials, and they can be recycled. Plastic straws take up a lot of space in landfills, and they can cause pollution when they are disposed of improperly. Paper straws biodegrade over time, so they don’t contribute to pollution in the environment.
Reasons to consider switching from plastic to paper straws
1. Plastic straws are not recyclable.
2. They contribute to pollution.
3. They can take up to 1,000 years to decompose in the environment.
4. They are a choking hazard for children and pets.
5. They are often made from unsustainable materials such as petrochemicals and PVC.
6. They can leach harmful chemicals into food and drink.
7. They can be difficult to recycle (due to their small size).
8. Paper straws are more sustainable and environmentally friendly – they can be recycled multiple times and they don’t take up space in landfills or oceans.